Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 9

Bad:

I'm in a little bit of a pickle.....to put it mildly. ('Cause what I really want to say is that I'm royally screwed.....but I shall save those words for another time.)

Today, Kylie came to me and, American Girl Doll catalog in hand, proceeded to show me just what she wanted for Christmas. (Now before you get your pants all in a wad, keep in mind these things about children in general, but especially about Kylie. The minute that Christmas is over....she is planning for the next Christmas. She is constantly thinking about what she is going to ask Santa for and so for her to be thinking of her Christmas presents in August is totally NOT out of the ordinary. I'm sure that come December 26th of this year, she will pretty much already know what she is asking for next year. It's just how it goes.) But I digress. So there she was, catalog in hand, showing me the cute little boy/girl twins that she was asking Santa for and she asks me if she can get on the website to show me the rest of the stuff. Sure.....why not.....I might as well start preparing 6 months in advance.....no big whoop.

"Now I want this dress for the girl, Mom and this outfit for the boy." She says. And she proceeds to show me several outfits that coordinate boy/girl and I am thinking how sweet of American Girl to make my life just a little bit easier, and then out comes this double whammy.

"Now see this dress right here mom?"
"Uh huh. Yes. It's very lovely, " I respond.
"Well.....I want it for the girl twin. But they don't have a matching outfit for the boy. So....I was thinking that I could just tell Santa's elves to make a little teeny, tiny baby tuxedo that's black....with long sleeves and long pants....and a little teeny, tiny bow tie. Wouldn't that be cute mom? Wouldn't that look so good? Do you think the elves would do that, Mom? Do you?"

I was speechless. ( And in my mind damning American Girl doll for their carelessness in such a matter. I mean, hello? How hard is it to make a coordinating tux to go with your baby dolls? )

I quickly saved face by telling her what a grand idea that was and mumbled something about how I'm sure that Santa elves would be able to whip up a teeny, tiny tuxedo (with matching bow tie, mind you) in no time at all. So.....here's where the pickle comes in. Let's pretend that I did know how to sew, let alone make doll clothes in minuscule proportions. When, I ask you, do I find the time to do this? Can I commission a tux to be made? Should I google and google until my fingers are bloody nubs looking for said suit? Should I tell sweet Kylie that Santa's elves are on strike this year and NO CHILD will get anything that Santa can't order from Amazon.com?

No. I think I will try the "don't ask, don't tell" tactic. If I don't ask her what she wants for Christmas and I don't tell her that she may be getting a teeny, tiny tux when hell freezes over....then maybe, just maybe, she'll forget all about it.

Good:

Currently, I am on week 5 of my workouts from hell.....aka..P90X. Actually though, I am really liking it. Surprise. Surprise. Today, as an added bonus, I was able to talk my sister into coming up and working out with me. I think most people would agree that having someone to work out with makes it much more enjoyable. We were able to sweat, grunt, and swear at Tony Horton in unison and it was fantastic. Nothing motivates me more than seeing that my little sister can totally kick my Kenpo Karate bootay. You rock Jenny.

Also, on the plus side....a few days ago in my post P90X stupor....my brain wasn't working quite right. I accidentally mailed my exercise DVD to Netflix instead of the one I was supposed to be returning. Oopsie. So, after a call to Netflix, they were able to flag my account and send it right back to me. I say, God bless you Netflix. Not only do you bring enjoyable DVDs to my doorstop whenever I want them, but you also correct the problem when I am being a total-airhead. Thanks a bunch.

08.13.09

1 comment:

  1. I hate when I find myself reading about someone's excellent excercising while I'm eating a chocolate chip cookie dough pop tart at 10pm. Where's the fun?

    ReplyDelete