Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 3

Good:

Victory is mine! A much needed, much worried about, and much discussed poo poo in the potty happened this morning......dare I say a poop worthy of a celebration! Screaming and cheering, two treats, and a spontaneous trip to the store to buy a toy later, I am left wondering if Braden and his constipation will be cured. Only time will tell. AND only time will tell if my son will have to receive counseling because of my mad potty training skillz that may or may not (but most likely DID indeed) include:

*Telling my son I was going to have to put a pokey up his bum. (Ouch. It is even worse typing it the second time around.) Aye aye aye. Heaven help me.

*Not letting him put his underwear or pants back on until he went #2.

* Telling him that we were going to sit in the bathroom all day until he went #2.

* Every time he had that 'poo' look about him I would grab him and take off running to the nearest bathroom in hopes that I could catch him in the act. (I thought this would scare the poo out of anyone, but strangely it has the opposite effect. Go figure.)

*Bribery, bribery, and more bribery.

*Begging, pleading, soft talking, loud talking, threats, prayers and just plain despair.

So.....life lesson learned. I am no longer the self-proclaimed "Queen" of potty-training. (In fact, I'm pretty sure if I had my way I would have sent every one of my children off to some sort of potty-training "boot camp" to have some other schmucks do my dirty work for me. )I have decided I am no good at this potty-training bidness. I am not perfect. I have not mastered this.....but a poop on the potty? I'd dare say that goes down in history as a milestone. Well played.....Beepers......well played.

Bad:

By 12:30 this afternoon I am looking at my kids as if they are all the spawn of Satan and I am starting to wonder when their heads will start to spin around and vomit will come spewing forth from their mouths.

"What is wrong with you all??" I shout.

Silence. Silence. Crickets Chirping. Just then I realize.....NOT ONE of them has had breakfast this morning and it's freakin' lunch time. Oopsie Daisy. I guess Mommy had other priorities on her mind..... such as getting brother to take the kids for a swim (hint hint....read above post) But still. That is just plain inexcusable. I mean, give me 45 minutes without food and I turn into a stark, raving, lunatic. Wait a minute........I haven't had breakfast either!

Real smooth, Mom.......real smooth.

08.07.09

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I love your new blog, girl! You are HI-larious and a fab writer. And I'm sure with your life and many chillins, you'll have lots of material! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mirilax = heaven when you have constipated children!!

    ReplyDelete