Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 11

Good:

Today is my sweetheart's 33rd B-day. (It also marks the 12th birthday that we have spent together.) I remember the first birthday we celebrated together.....we were just barely a couple and I was unsure of what to get him. So, using my mad creative skills, I created a gift basket that included things that we could do together on dates and such. (Wow. I really was impressive back then, wasn't I?) Anyway, to honor Lewis' birthday I have created a list of 33 reasons why I love him. Here goes:

1.He's hot. 2. He's an awesome Dad. 3. He's patient....as in, much more patient than his darling wife. 4. He's a hard worker. The hardest working person I've ever known. 5. He's a righteous priesthood holder. 6. He's athletic. 7. He takes me fun places. 8. He serves others. 9. He is organized out the wazoo....and very anal. And I'm pretty sure that being married to me drives him nuts in this capacity. I am the exact opposite. 10. He helps me around the house....a lot. 11. He dresses nicely. 12. He makes a kick-A Cherry Limeade. 13. He is kind. 14. He supports me in everything I do. 15. He smells good. 16. He laughs at my jokes.....and my blog posts. And is always telling me how funny I am. 17. He also tells me how creative I am. 18. He plays with the kids....as in: doesn't just watch them play, but gets out there and plays with them. 19. He doesn't complain one little bit when B follows in his shadow every time Lewis is doing yard work. 20. He keeps an immaculate yard so that I don't have to. 21. He spoils me. 22. He hardly ever, ever yells. 23. He doesn't judge. 24. He loves to travel with me. 25. He brings home the bacon so that I can be a SAHM. I will always be grateful for this. 26. He compliments my cooking.....frequently. And if he doesn't like a meal, he very tactfully tells me that he would prefer if I didn't make it again. 27. He keeps in shape. 28. He disciplines calmly and patiently. 29. He's honest in every part of his life. 30. He's good with his money. He has taught me to be better. 31. He's dependable in his church calling. 32. He loves his parents. He is a mama's boy and I don't mind one little bit. (Quite frankly, it gives me hope that my son's will be mama's boys too.)

And drum roll please:
33. In the infamous words of Kelly Clarkson: "You've got a piece of me, and honestly,my life would suck without you."

I love you.

Bad:

I was right in the middle of a dream about my high school boyfriend telling me just how in the world Britney Spears lost all of that weight (thanks a bunch facebook and US Weekly magazine for influencing that dream) when Braden woke me up out of a dead sleep. I look at the clock and is says 3:54 am. Balls. So I go and lay with him so that he will calm down and this is my life for the next couple of hours:

I am squished in Beepers twin bed with the most terrible mattress in this whole entire house, listening to him as he sniffs and sniffs and sniffs. He is a chronic sniffer. I mean, he probably sniffs like every 10 seconds. He sounds like what I imagine a coke addict would sound like. And finally he drifts off to sleep and I drift off to sleep and I wake up two hours later hugging the edge of his bed with my arm totally asleep. Lovely. And worst of all....I didn't get to finish my dream. And I'm bummed because I was really curious as to how Britney lost all that weight!

08.15.09

No comments:

Post a Comment