Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 13

Bad:

I guess I'd better think again before I decide to go "Mary-Lou-freakin'-Retton" on the uneven bars. I woke up this morning with the pleasure of having a body that felt like rigor mortis had set in. Feeling a little bit "stiff" is definitely the understatement of the year. I thought I was in shape (You know, with two marathons under my belt and kicking it daily with Tony Horton and P90X) but apparently that makes nary a difference when you're over 30, over your "ideal" weight, and just plain not cracked up to be a gymnast. My arms are sore, my legs are sore, and the back of my legs (behind my knees) are bruised....for the LOVE OF NED! Now I get to walk around like some sort of freak with bruises in bizarre places while people wonder if my husband beats me and chooses to inflict his pain in random, unexpected places. It's a lot to handle.....I tell ya. (By the way.....just to clear things up: My husband most certainly does not beat me.) You better believe I will think twice before performing random tricks on the uneven bars.
Mary-Lou Retton I am NOT.
And I think I can live with that.

Good:

I have a little bit of a "following through with things" problem......I'll be the first to admit it. I start projects with the best of intentions and then my momentum putters out and said projects never get finished. That being said, almost a year ago to the day, I convinced Lewis to take out a second mortgage on the house (Okay, that may be a teeny bit of an exaggeration, but still) so that we could get our kid's pictures taken by a really good photographer. The pictures were expensive, but soooooo worth it. Simply beautiful.

And totally overwhelming. So many pictures.....now what to do with them all? So, I had this bright idea to make a photo collage on my wall. I had the perfect wall, now all I needed were the perfect frames and someone with an eye for design to help me. So I waited. And waited. And waited. And months and months passed. And my Lewis got more and more frustrated. (After all, what good are beautiful pictures when you don't display them?)

Well.....I am proud to say that.....drum roll please.....almost ONE YEAR to the date I have PURCHASED FRAMES FOR MY PHOTO COLLAGE.

See {Lewis}......miracles can happen if you believe.
And you'd better believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment