Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 5

Bad:

Today was frumpy dress day. I woke up this morning and was just not feeling it. You know how when Sunday rolls around and you pretty much have to have pre-planned a dress in mind for Church or you will be stuck trying on 6 different outfits.....each of them getting progressively worse. Well.....today I had pre-planned on wearing my long, flowing, kinda makes me look preggers (but I don't give a darn) dress. I didn't want to shave my legs. I didn't want something that would ride up when the kids used me as a jungle gym during the 3 hour block. I just wanted something comfy, lose fitting, casual, and moderately cute and by dang if this dress wasn't all of those things. Then......the un-imaginable happened..... I was climbing over our LuvSac on the way into the storage room (don't ask) and riiiiiiippppppp. Oh crap. A HUGE hole in my dress. Are you kidding me? Now what was I supposed to wear? So, it was back to the drawing board. Only this time, second frumpy dress was no where near as cute, or long, and it just made me look fat instead of pregnant and it rode up every time a child crawled over, under and around me for three hours. I did not look like a gem and it was a sad day when I looked in my hot mirror....and not even that could help me! Oh well. C'est la vie.


Good:

{Singing} My sister's in town. My sister's in town. La la la la la.....my sister's in town.
I am so excited that she is finally here. She is my BFF and can you believe that it was been one FULL year since I have seen her lovely face? She is here for two weeks and we are going to live it up......just you wait and see!

Here is one of my favorite memories about my sissy. We have a looooonnnnnggggg history of funny stories and crazy times, but this is one I love the most. When we were wee little chillins' we used to share ourselves a bed....it was a grand old time. Jenny would always have to snuggle up close to me AND in order to fall asleep, she would also have to be touching a part of my body. Well.....as the years went on and I got to be more and more of a "give me my space" kind of sleeper (which I totally still am....no spooning for me....just ask Lew) it would drive me absolutely BANANAS that she had to hold on to me. So pretty soon I banished her to the corner of the bed and would ONLY let her hold on to my nightgown to fall asleep. (Gracious, what kind of horrible sister was I, anyway?) And so most nights, she would hold on to a tiny piece of my nightgown (because that was as close as I would allow her) and drift off into la la land. We have always been close. She may not still need to hold on to me to fall asleep (DUH. Hello captain obvious) but I still like to think that she needs me in her life to comfort her like only a big sister can....just as I need her to comfort me.( And I still may never forgive my bro-in-law for whisking her away to the far away land of Ohio.) I love you Jen! So glad you're here.
08.09.09

No comments:

Post a Comment