Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 12

Bad:

Ugh. I have discovered that too much of a good thing can be just that.....too much of a good thing.
Too.Many.Smart.Cookies.
(And I never thought I'd live to see the day.)
Instead of birthday cake for Lew's big day....we celebrated with two dozen smart cookies. And who do you think got herself a smart cookie to eat when she picked up the two dozen? And who do you think ate another one that night with everyone else in the fam damily? And who do you think gets to keep all the leftovers and eat them for breakfast the next day?

I am resisting the urge to google the calorie content for these bad boys. I just don't want to know and the damage has already been done. AND it's starting to show on the scale.
Double ugh.

Good:

There is nothing better than staying up until 1 a.m playing games with some of the people that I love the most and laughing until I want to puke.....or wet my pants. (And I bet you can't guess which one of those I did.) With my sister and her husband in town from Ohio....and my older brother in town from Colorado....we had a regular old shindig out our place that included: Lots of eating, game playing, a whole heck of a lot of laughing, some possible wetting of the pants and other various activities. The highlight of the night may be when my brother shared some of his grossest medical stories (strictly professional, mind you. No names were named) and there also may have been some visual aids drawn. It was pretty eye opening to say the least.....and totally worth the lack of sleep that I received. And hey, now I've got some good "party" stories to share.....

Ugly:

Tonight, after Sunday dinner at my parents house, the whole family thought it would be nice to take a walk through the old neighborhood that we grew up in. Well......that was quite an eye opener to say the least. As we strolled though the 'hood (it's changed A LOT since we grew up there) we told old stories about our childhoods and relived some great memories. Somehow we ended up on the playground of the elementary school that we all attended and while the kids ran around and played the adults started challenging each other to tricks. It started out innocently enough. Let's see who can do the most pull-ups (or in the case of everyone who is NOT my brother, John) let's see who can do any pull-ups at all. Then, before you knew it, I was channeling my inner gymnast as I was hanging from the bars, flipping upside down, doing cherry drops and all kinds of other shiz. (I used to be quite the gymnast back in the day....all self taught, mind you. I always wanted to take gymnastics, but I got piano lessons instead. Oh well.) And what do you know.....it was all coming back to me. Of course, I was 20 years older and probably 75 pounds heavier, but hey, I was kicking butt out there. I'm not gonna lie when I say that everyone was impressed. Even my sweet sister-in-law, Theresa, was like "Florrie, you should totally take gymnastic lessons.....you could totally get back into it."

It was then that I realized that an {almost} 32 year old grown woman, who is at least 30 pounds overweight, should NOT do tricks on the uneven bars like a 12 year old does. NOT A PRETTY SIGHT. Oh well.....at least I kicked my families butt.
Take that.

Oh, and one other thing: When you are on the uneven bars showing off all your fanciful tricks to wow and impress your family and your brother says: "Wow Florrie.... You're going freakin' Mary Lou Retton on us" hold on tight 'cause most likely you're gonna laugh so hard you fall off the bars......oh and also, pee yourself.

Good times indeed.

08.16.09

No comments:

Post a Comment