Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 2

Bad:

I think I am in dire need of some Mommy “alone” time. Today we had FIVE, count them, FIVE dentists appointments and although it was a trifle bit hectic (that very well may be the understatement of the year) I was glad to get them over with in one foul swoop. As I was sitting in the dentist chair getting the plaque scraped off my teeth…..a perfectly terrible torture….I found myself desperately wishing that the dentist would come in and tell me that I had a cavity or two (or dare I admit it….a root canal) so that I could schedule an appointment BY MYSELF and for MYSELF to get the work done. Hello???!!!! Since when did the trip to the dentist become like a trip to the spa? Since the invention of laughing gas I’m guessing. That perfectly lovely gas is SO my version of recreational drugs. I love the way it relaxes me. The way it makes me tingle from the tips of my toes right up to my head. That stuff is heavenly and I will continue to pray every night that it never gets taken off the market because a world without laughing gas is just not a world I want to live in. As for the cavity situation, wouldn’t you know it, NOT ONE DANG CAVITY! Who woulda thunk that would ever be a bad thing???? Well my peeps….today it was……today it was. Can you fault a lady for wanting a hit of laughing gas every now and again?

Good:

I had book club tonight with my bitty twos, my ladies, my peeps, my partners in crime. Seriously….the thoughts of book club got me through my day that included (but was not limited to): dentist appointments, a trip to Micky D’s (a fantastic bribe to persuade my baby to get his teeth checked......bleh.), breaking up about 24 fights, dealing with aprox. 16 neighbor kids, making dinner for myself AND my in-laws, and a myriad of various other chores and activities that I do sans my husband because hello??? he has a job and a church calling and just wasn't able to be here this evening. To the ladies of my book club: You truly lighten my spirit and give me something to look forward to all day. I literally count down the hours until I can be in your presence. So THANK YOU for all the many laughs and red-hot topics we discuss that pretty much have nothing to do with what we've read. Let's keep it up for many years to come. And I'm super mondo sorry that I had to leave early and I really really hope that all the juicy talk can be saved for next time. Okay. Thanks. Bye.

08.06.09

No comments:

Post a Comment