Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 8

Bad:

In my Hasty haste to eat the broccoli that I had prepared for lunch, I ate a scorching hot piece and burned my tongue.......badly. Now before you make fun of me for being in such a hurry to gobble down my lunchtime broccoli, rest assured that I LOVE broccoli. I love it like candy.....seriously. And I was hungry. And it was delicious, at least I'm pretty sure that it was, because I burned my taste buds right off and quite frankly couldn't taste it very well at all. So here is the badness of it all. Not only could I NOT taste my scrumptious broccoli, but I pretty much slaved over the stove the WHOLE dang afternoon, busily preparing a new Manicotti recipe that was definitely LABOR INTENSIVE and by the time dinner rolled around......I really couldn't taste it. (But I was told it was good. And it smelled good. And it definitely looked good....so I'm sure it was good. And now I'm going to have to make the dang thing all over again because I want to have a good taste of it and plus my kids had like three servings each which means they really liked it....and phew. That was a lot to get off my chest.)

It's a dang good thing I already ate my smart cookie for breakfast........



Good:

Lewis and I have a summertime tradition that I ADORE. In fact, I have adored it aprox. 76 times this summer, and I will be sad when it has to come to an end. (And NO, you sickos. It's not what you're thinking of. Jeesh. Get your minds out of the gutter.....and also? 76 times?! I am not a MACHINE.) Anyway.....this is a little tradition called Cherry Limeades. Last summer when Lewis was laid up in bed with foot surgery, I got a little sick of running here, there, and everywhere to get him his hearts desire....which most of the time was a beverage from Sonic. So.....in a moment of brilliance.....we decided to start keeping stuff on hand AT ALL TIMES to make our own Cherry Limeades. And last summer we drank them A LOT. But then, the minute that the summer ended, Lewis told me to stop buying the stuff. He said that it was strictly a "summer treat" and that we would only drink them in the summertime. (At first, I felt like he was the freakin' Cherry Limeade nazi....."No drinks for you!") But soon, after my withdrawals and such, I didn't miss them so much. And you better believe that come the first day of summer this year were back in business! There is nothing better than laying in my glorious bed, with the man I love, sipping on a lovely beverage and relaxing. Oh cherry limeades.....my days with you are numbered. I will continue to cherish you while I still can.

Oh.....and as a side note. NOTHING felt better on my worked over tongue than the cool refreshingness (shut up spell checker. I know this isn't a real word.) of a cherry limeade.

08.12.09

No comments:

Post a Comment