Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 4

Bad:

Bloated.
Retaining Water.
Headaches.
Fatigue.
Cramps.
Back Aches.

I freakin' sound like a walking Midol commercial. Not the greatest of days. Lewis was gone all morning and I was at my wits end with the kids and pretty much told them to go outside and not step one foot into the house until their father got home. Blech. I am so not a pleasant person today.

On a side note: When I was training for the marathon a few months back I had to run a thirteen- miler on a day I was experiencing these exact same symptoms. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but if I had balls......they'd be made of steel. Consequently, today is one of those days I'm left wishing that I did have a set......oh to be a man!

Good:

Two words: Smart Cookies.

At a little family shindig this afternoon, I was pleasantly surprised to find that one of the coolest, smartest people I know (Kelli) decided to contribute these little beauties for our dessert. I was introduced to Smart Cookies when my sis-in-law (also one of the coolest and smartest people I know) brought me 4, count them, 4 of the most delectably, delicious and by all counts the MOST AWESOMELY FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC cookies that I have ever eaten. It would be a lie to say that I didn't want to (after immediately tasting the first one) shove them all into my pie hole right away. BUT, like the super-nice person, and just darn right most awesome wife that I am, I saved a couple for my hubby. Then I jealously watched as he shoved them into his pie-hole and secretly plotted when and how I could procure some more of those cookies. Well.....not even four days later, I sat in a beautiful cabin in the beautiful Utah mountains and shoved more Smart Cookies into my pie-hole. BLISS.

However, I am left wondering about the name of these cookies. Perhaps they would be more suited to be called :"You- better -be- smart- when -you- eat- these- cookies -and -not -eat- 3- at -once -or -you- will -have- an -extra- 10 pounds -of -junk- in- your -trunk" Cookies. What do you think?

Ugly:

On a day like today (You know, Midol commercial day) it is probably not a good idea to eat a bunch of semi-mediocre Chinese food from a restaurant you never laid your peepers on before, and then hop in the car for a 45 minute car ride home. Let's talk about this for a minute....at times, I was having to squeeze my eyes shut, grit my teeth and breath through the pain. It was MISERABLE. Talk about your stomach hurting......I was experiencing all sorts of new sympathy for my littlest wee one and how his tummy was hurting. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if someone had said to me: "Maybe we just need to stick a pokey up your bum and your stomach will feel better" then I would have karate kicked them in the head! Again, Braden, Mommy's sorry. I feel your pain.

08.08.09

1 comment:

  1. Can't. Stop. Laughing. Oh my gosh!! I think almost everyone has felt that pain. And smart cookies... ahhh... Good thing your SUPER cool sis in law has Dr. appointments twice a week where I can easily swing by American Fork!!

    ReplyDelete