Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 7

Good:

Well....I'm not gonna lie. I've got Smart Cookies on the brain. And because my sister is in town and I wanted her to taste the heaven that is "smart cookies" I had my dearest sis-in-law (Thanks a bunch, Aubs) pick up ONE DOZEN of these little gems on her way home from the SLC. Now you may wonder, what does one do with one dozen smart cookies? Well, shame on you if you said hoard them and shove them all into your pie-hole. (Albeit, the thought did cross my mind once or twice.) But alas, today was about SHARING and so even the littlest kids got to join in the pleasure.

(Let me back track for just a minute.....remember when a long, long time ago I got my very first taste of smart cookies and I was so kind and loving of a wife to share with my dear hubby. Well apparently I was not so kind and loving as a Mom because in order to keep my children far, far away from the cookies I may have told a teeny little white lie. And this little white lie may have involved telling them that there were ground up grasshoppers inside the cookies and that they were DISGUSTING!)

Okay, so we've already established that today I was in that sharin' kind of mood. Really? Who could eat a dozen cookies by themselves anyway? (me.me.me.me.me.) So I give the kids their cookie for a bedtime snack and they snarfed them up. The LOVED them. And later, after I was tucking Savy into bed she says to me, "Mom, those cookies sure were good." "Yes they were, " I responded back. "Well," she says, "you could hardly even taste the grasshoppers at all!."

Oh my dearest Savy.....this is why I love you so. For a little girl who thought there were ground up grasshoppers in the cookies, you sure did pound them. You definitely know something good when you see it........ Grasshoppers or not.


Bad:

So, I hate to beat a dead horse, (and lest you think all I ever talk about are things like smart cookies and constipation....but history shows that indeed, this IS all I talk about) our B is STILL constipated. Oh crap. Literally. When was this trial ever end? At the suggestion of a couple of people I headed off to Walgreens today to purchase a little MiraLax. Zach wanted to go with me so I let him come along for the ride. We got to the Walgreens and after some searching found the section that we were looking for. I don't know how we could miss it. It had a big sign (and it freakin' might as well been a flashing neon sign) that said LAXATIVES. And wouldn't you know it: hoards of people were sitting around waiting at the pharmacy for their prescriptions. That place was a-hoppin'! So here I was browsing in the lovely laxative section and trying to slyly drop hints that this purchase was NOT indeed for me. "So Zach," I say, "Do you think that this is okay for Braden? Do you think that this is okay for THREE year olds?" I was trying not to yell, but still trying to get my point across.
I wanted to yell out:

"This is not for me people! This is for my son. He is constipated. Not me. I don't have a problem in this area at all. No sirree. Not me."

Instead I grabbed the goods and headed straight to the cashier to pay for said laxative....only having to repeat the process all over again, lest she also thought I was constipated as well. Oh, the things we mother's do for our kids!

08.11.09

No comments:

Post a Comment