Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 21

Good:

Zachary and Kylie have finally reached that special age of maturity......you know, that age when you can send them unassisted into the grocery store with a couple of dollars to buy a loaf of french bread for dinner. And all I can say is: It's about dang time! It is one of the great moments in a Mother's life when you can take these little wee ones that you've raised for so long and turn them out into the world to do all the little tasks that you despise. It's like the circle of life or something. (I think.) Zach was a wee bit nervous to do it. He thought the cashier would hassle him, ask him where his mom was, take his money and run. So......I talked Kylie into going in with him (there's safety and comfort in numbers) and they were good to go. After a quick trip in and out (and no pedophiles lurking in the aisles of Ream's to grab them.....they were okay Dad, I promise) they were out with the loaf of bread and pleased as punch that they were able to do it for me. After all, that's why we have kids, right? Child labor.

Kidding.....kidding......


Bad:

If you were going to purchase a flat iron for $100 dollars.....here are some of the things that you may expect it from it:

Make your hair straight and silky smooth
Guarantee a good hair day every day
Clean your house for you
Do your taxes
Babsit your kids
Tell you how pretty you look
Wipe your bum
Be covered in gold and diamonds

And most importantly:

Have an automatic shut off!

Apparently the makes of the Chi flat iron think different from me. (That's why if I were to be in the inventor of a flat iron it would do all those things and more!......for only $9.95) Alas, if I were to pick one of the things from the above list that I desired the most it would be the automatic shut-off (although the cleaning the house is verrrrrry tempting.) I would pick this feature mainly because I am a complete air-head when it comes to shutting off hot appliances and therefore an automatic shutoff would be very handy.....to say the least.

Today I left my flat iron on for hours and hours, and after I discovered that it had been on practically the WHOLE day long, I had a momentary minute of panic thinking of all the things that could have happened with the flat iron. I mean, those bad boys get really, really hot. A child could have burned themselves, I could have burned myself, my house could have burned down. (It was a pretty stressful minute.) But then I was over it. And the only thing left fuming was me. I mean seriously? A HUNDRED dollar flat iron that doesn't have an automatic turn off? That's just criminal.

08.25.09

3 comments:

  1. Can I borrow your children to run into Ream's for me (I'll keep watch for lurking peds before I send them in)? And, I think if you spend $100 on a flat iron, it should be able to run those errands for you when your kids can't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I have been lovin this blog! You should seriously write a book someday. I have a suspicion that you may be thinking of it.

    I wanted to let you know that I really think you should promote your blog. The best place to do that is:

    http://www.thesitsgirls.com/

    Just email them and let them you want to be featured. In the meantime, check in every once in awhile, then when you do get featured, I tell ya.... you will have followers galore, and they will just eat up your writing. Anyway, just wanted to spread the word in case you're interested in going big (or going home).

    xo

    ReplyDelete