Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 19

Good:

Approximately four times a year I get the very distinct pleasure of having my husband home with me the WHOLE day on Sunday. I feel as though it is a little gift from above and treasure those days. (Who thought that I would ever treasure Stake Conference, but low and behold, I do.) Well fortunately for me, we got a whole unexpected Sunday in the form of a Temple Dedication to treasure as well. And believe me, I did. When Lewis is home on Sunday I get to guilt trip him into doing all sorts of things he doesn't normally do because of my Sunday "single mom" status. I get to sleep in while he gets the kids breakfast. I get to take a nap in the afternoon, which I absolutely ADORE. I get to bamboozle him into making the majority of dinner by himself by getting him to grill on the BBQ. It's fantastic I tell you! Like a holiday in diguise.

Bad:

Hi. My name is Florrie and I am a glue gun amateur. One would think that I am all crafty and such......I mean, I'm Mormon. And a stay-at-home Mom. And I like to scrapbook. But apparently these are not prerequisites to being proficient with a glue gun. Tonight, as I was trying to finish up the bows from the bow party I had a few days ago, I freakin' burnt the literal crap out of my finger. But, in my defense, here's how it played out:

I was sitting at the desk in the office all minding my own business, trying to do my own thing ......which is apparently an invitation for all FOUR children to be milling around, watching what I am doing, and stressing me out! So, low and behold, I got all flustered and touched the scorching hot glue from the glue gun and Voila! A burnt, blistered, throbbing, pointer finger. It was not pretty. And not fun. And it hurt.....badly. And I vowed to never use a glue gun again. Only, now, how am I going to finish these bloomin' bows?????

08.23.09

No comments:

Post a Comment