Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 17

Bad:

"I'm so tired. I haven't slept a wink. I'm so tired. My mind is on the blink. I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink. No no no."

God Bless you John, Paul, George, and Ringo. You certainly said it best on a day like today. Well....except for the drink part......(unless they meant diet coke when they wrote that song.) I am REALLY tired today. Exhausted. Drained. It must be from all the partying I've been doing while my sister has been in town. I've really been burning the midnight oil, if you know what I mean. And I am NOT a night person. (Come to think of it.....I'm NOT a morning person either. If you don't believe me, ask Lewis. He told me that I was going to grow up and become a crotchety old grandma if I kept up my ornery ways. True story. Let's just say, I was less than happy with that observation.) But anyway, back to the here and now. Where was I? Oh yeah. Tired. Me. Very. In fact, horror of all horrors (and this may tell you exactly how tired I was) I DID NOT even drink a cherry limeade tonight. Gasp. Now that's just messed up. Seriously.

Good:

Tonight, as a family, we went to the Orem Owlz game. A fun time was had by all (well, maybe except me because well, read the above post. I tried really hard though, I promise.) The funnest part was watching B and seeing how excited he was. (And by excited I mean someone must have put a dang quarter in him because he was CONSTANT MOTION for three hours.) We just sat in the general admission grass seating on blankets and that boy spent the majority of the time rolling down the hill over and over again! He didn't care who got in his way, who's blanket he stepped on, or who he had to take out on the way down. He had a blast!

Other notable things to mention. If you spend $2 on cotton candy for Savannah, she will guard it like she is guarding her life. Oh and also, not share it. No one, and I mean no one, get's between that girl and her cotton candy. Best $2 we've ever spent to keep her occupied for hours.

Also, those dang ice cream sandwiches that are two chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream in between them are PURE EVIL. And contain about 730 calories. And are divine. And you can rationalize eating one of them if you let your kids have a bite every now and again because you didn't eat the whole thing by yourself, right? That's right.

And the best thing? Taking Braden to see the mascots. One would think that with the amount of times our family has been to Disneyland, good old Braden would be used to freaky looking characters walking around mingling with people. Well, one might think that, but they'd be wrong! I'm pretty sure my three year old almost had a panic attack when I tried to get him to shake hands with the Owl. And I'm pretty sure that the screams of pure terror took the mascot by surprise. Oh and also, my hysterical laughing. I'm sorry, but it was just too dang funny!

08.21.09

No comments:

Post a Comment