Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 20

Bad:

I've discovered that it is probably not the best idea to take four kids miniature golfing. Not only is it impossible for Lewis and I to even play along with them (so we got smart this time.....and didn't) but it is an even worse idea to continue playing with four kids BY MYSELF because Lewis had to head off to a softball game. Let's just say it was not a grand idea. It was pretty much a golfing free-for-all....with no rules whatsoever.....and kids hitting balls wherever and whenever they dang well pleased. It's a good thing that we decided not to keep score because I'm pretty sure that each of the kids would have shot a 208 for 18 holes.......And that's being generous. Oh well. It was all in my name of fun.


Good:

Well. I have been holding off for a few days now just to make sure that I don't announce this prematurely....................................................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................................................................
(And I'm sure that what I'm going to say is really going to surprise you. And it is shocking, and surprising, and wonderful and Lewis and I couldn't be more pleased. And I bet you're just DYING to hear my announcement.......so I guess I better get on with it.................................)


Ahem. Drum roll please................................................................................................................
Our little Braden is finally potty trained! Ta Da!
(What? Did you think I was going to announce something else?)
I know it's been a few entries since I've talked the logistics of potty training. And I know ya'll sorely miss it, but I'm going to keep this entry detail free. (Plus I've talked enough potty talk to last me for months and months......maybe even years.) Let's just say this......It has been FIVE whole days and nary an accident has been had.......#2 and all! I think he's finally grasped the whole "If you poop on the toilet, not only is it much easier, but also, a monster will not come out of the toilet and grab you in" idea. Seriously, I don't know what the boy was so afraid of. He was terrified to drop a deuce in the toilet......take the kids for a swim.....baptize a Lamanite.....you get the general idea. (Oopsie. Sorry. I forgot that this entry was supposed to be detail free. Oh well.) BUT, I am so proud to say that we have definitely overcome this hurdle and now my little Beepers can move on to bigger and better things. Without diapers. And poopy bums. In his cute little underwears. Good work B! (And it's about dang time!)
08.24.09

No comments:

Post a Comment