Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 38

Bad:

Sigh. I'm afraid we've come to the end of an era....a "nap" era, if you will. After weeks upon weeks of no naps for either Savy and Braden, I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed. And I'm a little bit bitter about it....to say the least. I mean, Zachary napped until he was a whoppin' FIVE years old! Yeah, that's right....my oldest was napping when he was still in Kindergarten. (Granted, he woke up at the butt crack of dawn, but still.....) I keep thinking that Braden is too young to give up his naps, but in all honesty, he is three years old. And that's a pretty respectable age to give up naps, I guess. I'm just not quite sure that I'm ready to give up my naps. I'm pretty sure that the neighbors would frown upon me letting my kinds wander the streets while I curled up in my bed and slept the afternoon away. Then again....maybe not. I'm sure they've got my back.....

Good:

Today was Savannah's first day of preschool.....and it couldn't have come a moment too soon. Why must preschool and Kindergarten start two weeks after the regular school year starts? That's just cruel and unusual punishment for a little child who's used to having her siblings and friends around to play with. Especially when that little child is Savannah who is OLD for her age to begin with and spends the whole day following me around, talking my ear off, and just plain being BORED. She was SO excited to be able to go to Mrs. Wall's preschool again....and being one of the oldest, basically got to run the show.....that girl is BOSSY I tell you, but oh-so-
smart!


Today will also go down in the history books as my "first day of eating sushi." Things got a little freaky-deaky when I stepped out of my comfort zone and suggest to Lewis that this is what I wanted to have for dinner. I went pretty low key for the first time....not too daring.....only getting a California roll. BUT, I did try some of Lewis' and found that I quite liked it and can't wait until I get a little more bold with my sushi tastes. Bring on the raw fish, baby!
(Never mind. Strike that. I changed my mind.)
I'm not that freaky yet.......

2 comments:

  1. My three year old has stopped napping. I still make him take an hour rest in his bed with a book b/c MAMA NEEDS A BREAK. I'm sure you understand.

    I love sushi, but I'm not too brave with my ordering yet either.

    Happy Saturday SITS sharefest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, no good when the naps end. Except when you want to go and do something in the middle of the day! Sweet freedom! No need to hurry or wait until later to go run that errand, your child doesn't need a nap!

    Stopped by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete